Sunday, February 7, 2010

Friendly Plastic Demos - Brisbane Paper Crafts Festival

It's been Paper Crafts Festival time in Brisbane this weekend.

Spending time at a paper crafts show is always a fun way to spend a weekend. I spent a few hours each day demoing Friendly Plastic: a slot on the stage each morning and then a stint on the Stamp Antics stand each afternoon. So I thought you might like to see what I got up to.What you see above is just a small sampling of the all the pieces I created during the demos - I did a lot of marbling and cutting, casting, bead making and texturing so now I have a big pile of pieces ready to be turned into other creations.

I've already begun to turn some of the beads I made during Friday's demos into jewellery. Firstly, a pendant.....
and then a matching bracelet.
I'll try to get a few more pieces posted over the next week or so.

But my, oh my, oh my...... look at the big jumble of cutouts I have left!I'll show you one way to use them all up in the next couple of weeks, so look out for a tutorial on how to mould with them. This is one of the wonderful things about Friendly Plastic - no bits go to waste!

And just a quick reminder that the Friendly Plastic and Resin pendant class is filling quickly. So if you'd like to join me on March 6 to create this pendant,just give Stamp Antics at Wynnum West a ring (07 3393 3022) to make your booking.

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh how I wish I could learn from you!!!!! Can't ANYONE bring you to the craft show in Perth so I can take a class from you??? Might get the creative juices flowing! (though, shhhhh, do not tell anyone, but I've tried digiscrapping on the weekend... shhhh!!! LOL! I'll blog about it when I have time... does that count as creative??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can find someone to bring me over, I'd be there in a flash! Oh what fun we could have. Tee hee!
    Oh, no! You've crossed over to the dark side.... will we ever bring you back?!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.