Saturday, November 27, 2010

Merry and Bright!

With Christmas now less that one month away, it's time to turn our attention to Christmas crafting. I'm starting off my Christmas crafting with a resin pendant filled with a festive image from a bygone era.

The vintage look is so popular at the moment and it is often teamed with soft, aged looking brass, and whilst I love that look, I have a real problem working with the muted tones associated with vintage. You see, I like colour way too much and my version of vintage is usually much brighter than vintage is supposed to be.

But there is no reason why these lovely nostalgic images can't be teamed with bright and shiny things too. Here, I've used a silver word tag from Plaid's Fresh range and bright red Czech glass beads. To tie in the "bright and shiny" with the "old and vintage", I've used red velour tubing for the necklace - it has that lovely soft velvety look and feel to it - and to complete the look it just needed a vintage looking bow.

So vintage doesn't always have to be soft brass and muted colours...... bright and shiny can work too - especially at Christmas!

Happy Christmas crafting everyone........








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.