Sunday, January 30, 2011

CHA - Day 1

It's Saturday and the first day of CHA. It's always so exciting to walk through the doors not knowing what you're going to find on the show floor.

My first stop for the day was at Viva Decor's booth where Michael Strong had designed a very pretty and softly coloured valentine's card using Paper Soft Color. Whilst this is not a new product, it is the first opportunity I've had to use it and I was really impressed by how easily it blended on the paper. The colour is very soft just as its name implies. To add some elegant pearls to the flourishes we used a Pearl Pen which was also a dream to use. The stamped images are from Michael's own stamp line, Strong Stamps.
Beautiful card, isn't it Sorry about the poor photography - there is very limited lighting in the hotel room so I won't mention where this photo was taken, although the towel background might give you some idea! Viva Decor has a theme for their booth this year: A White Wedding and this card definitely fits the theme but for me, this will be a Valentine's card for my wonderful DH.

A little around the corner was Pin Charming where I made the cutest little pin to wear on my shirt.These safety pins have a removable head which you wind off so that you can then thread on the beads of your choice. Wind the head back on and it's ready to by worn. This is a fun and easy project for children and I can see it being great activity for Girl Guides or for a girl's birthday party.

Moving along to the Sizzix booth I did a make and take with Vintaj jewellery blanks and Sizzix embossing folder; another super easy project. All you had to do was place the jewellery blank in the embossing folder, run it through the Big Shot (of which I am now a proud owner!) and then sand with a nail sanding block. The rough side removes enough of the aged metal to reveal the embossed pattern, but sanding it with the smooth side polishes the embossed metal brightly. Guess which side I chose to use?!!
From the Sizzix booth I moved along to Teresa Collins Designs where I got to use one of her new releases: Blingage. This was another super quick and easy make and take where all you had to do was thread the acrylic and metal elements on a ball chain. That's a lot of bling but big is a hot look at the moment so these rocks really fit the bill.
There were lots of other cool things that I saw today and these are just a few of the things which I enjoyed. I'll have more cool finds later on. I hope you'll stop by to see what else I get up to at CHA over the next few days.


'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.