Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 great jewellery quotes.... and why I like them!

Today I've gathered together some jewellery quotes to share with you. Some of them, if you'll excuse the pun, are real gems!

"At a flea market, I always head for the junk jewelry table first." (Ethel Merman)
How absolutely fashionable! Ethel must have been the original upcycler.

"Not on one strand are all life's jewels strung." (William Morris)
Yes, the jewels in our lives take us in so many different directions, and sometimes all at the same time. What a juggling act we sometimes have to perform.
All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography." (Federico Fellini)
What a beautiful observation - no matter how crusty we might be on the outside, our true beauty lies within.I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry." (Rita Rudner)
Well, this one just makes me chuckle at the thought.

"Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles." (Sonja Henie) What a great quote! Is that the reason why I have become so interested in jewellery making these last few years? To distract people from my wrinkles? Well maybe......... or maybe not.

What quotes about jewellery strike a chord with you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.