Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bird's Nest Bracelets

I'm sure you've seen them everywhere - those darling little bird's nests, skillfully woven out of nothing but wire. I have no idea who first came up with the idea but with birds being such a popular trend in crafting, the idea certainly caught on. I have always wanted to have a go at making them and finally I set some time aside to do a little nest weaving.

They are strangely addictive. I found that I couldn't stop at making just one - I wanted to make them up in all sorts of colours so that I could turn them into adorable pieces of jewellery. Here's a look at some of the bracelet styles I made up. They will all be available for purchase this weekend at the SSI Stamp Camp so if you're a bird loving crafter, I hope that you'll make one of these little nests your own.

A memory wire bracelet featuring Swarovski Crystal sliders and beads
Lots of different charms in a variety of shades of brown and gold. This one has freshwater pearls in the bird's nest.
An assortment of turquoise beads including a carved turquoise rose.
I love the hummingbird clasp on this very pretty pink bracelet.
An assortment of different coloured metals makes this one my favourite. The Czech glass leaves add just a bit of movement to it.
Tomorrow I'll have a ring, earrings and necklaces to share. Hope you'll check back then.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.