Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fifty Shades of Red


After last weekend's torrential rains in Brisbane and predictions of further rain and storms all week long I was concerned that today's resin workshop would have to be postponed until less humid weather. But when I woke up this morning and found the sun shining and no rain in sight, I knew the resin gods were smiling down on my little group of students today! With low humidity we were able to resin away to our heart's content. I love that this workshop allows me to make the class projects too - here's what I added to my collection today.


Those of you who read my blog regularly would know that my favourite colour is purple and it has been the dominant colour in my wardrobe for a number of years. It certainly makes accessorising an outfit easy because everything goes together. 

But this year I've found touches of red creeping into my wardrobe. It started with a pair of really cute Dorothy-esque shoes which I just adore! And then came a red blouse and it's coordinating purple camisole. Next, a bright red linen shirt found it's way into my heart. More touches of red followed!

And whilst the hanging rail in my wardrobe is filling with red, it seems that I've subconsciously been adding accessories in shades of red too. I've even found myself drawn to making red jewellery a lot lately - I'm seeing a bit of shift here from the comfort of my purple obsession to the boldness of the red family. 

Today I noticed it in the studio too - I hadn't realised just how many orange and red retro square bangles I had cast until I added the one I made in class today to the collection.

The good thing about this bangle being so thin is that you can wear several of them at once, so having them in a variety of shades of one colour works really well.

It's funny how our colour choices shift and change over time, but I don't think my love affair with purple isn't over yet. I still feel it is MY colour so I don't think it will be disappearing entirely from my wardrobe anytime soon - it's just going to play a minor role in my wardrobe for a while.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.