Sunday, June 7, 2009

Scrapbook Expo Demos

Day 2 of the Scrapbook Expo has already been and gone and I've been kept very busy teaching Friendly Plastic workshops and demoing on the Stamp Antics stand. Even though Friendly Plastic has been around since the '80s, lots of paper crafters are seeing it for the first time and are really excited by this "new" medium. It has been a huge hit with the crafters who have stopped by the stand and Stamp Antics have almost sold out of all the stock they had. But rest assured, there is more on the way.

I thought I'd share with you samples of the simple techniques I've been demoing to whet your appetite.

Firstly, impress your friends with this gorgeous texture - stamped with rubber stamps or impressed with Krafty Lady Texture Mats and using a frypan as the heat source - gorgeous! These pieces will probably be turned into "Tile Jewellery" so watch out for what I do with them in later posts.

Next, marbling with the marbling comb. This is such a fun technique and it has that real WOW factor when you see it happen before your eyes. It's like the first time you watched someone emboss with gold embossing powder - it really gets you hooked!

From those marble sheets, I cut all sorts of shapes including these fun alphabet letters which would look great on a scrapbook layout or a card front. Or turn them into a fun name tag for your next craft retreat or convention.
And I couldn't go past demonstrating how to make my "Beads with a Twist". This is a heatgun technique using a skewer to wrap a base strip around with some thin strips of Friendly Plastic laid across the surface and then twisted - surprisingly easy when you know how!
These pieces are destined for a bracelet I think.

I also demonstrated Liz Welch's flower technique and shared my technique for making hearts like the ones featured in my jewellery entry "Sweethearts for my Sweetheart", in the recent AMACO challenge......

and also the butterflies which made up my "Butterflies in Flight" entry.Tomorrow, I'll also be demoing how to mould with Friendly Plastic using Krafty Lady art moulds as well as all the techniques above, so stop by the Stamp Antics stand and pick up some tips on how to work with Friendly Plastic.

Would you like to comment?

  1. It is amazing and very creatively, use recycle plastic materials, keep it work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.