Thursday, December 9, 2010

More Treasures from the Resin box

I'm still digging around in my box of undiscovered resin treasures. This container seems to be bottomless and I think I could keep digging forever.... there are so many of them that I wonder if I will ever use them all up! I have been giving them away at camps and retreats in place of ATCs for some time now - everyone seems to LOVE getting one - and yet my box is still overflowing. And every time I cast another bangle, the leftover resin gets poured into a Krafty Lady art mould or two because you just can't waste good resin. When the piece is cured it gets added to the box to become some future undiscovered treasure. It's become quite a collection!Anyway, here's another button piece - a sea-themed version of Vintage Buttons. This set of turquoise and green coloured resin pieces is a mix of glittered, translucent and opaque buttons in so many different shades of green. I've called it Tide Pools because there are lots of sea-themed silver charms tucked amongst the green beads: fish, shells, starfish and my personal favourite, a seahorse.

I love using the bracelet blanks as my base because no drilling is required and also because I can use up 6 casts in one piece of jewellery! So in the last 2 pieces I've shared with you, I've used 12 pieces of resin and a lot of leftover beads from my stash - I'm feeling rather pleased with myself to have only used what I have on hand. And of course, it's a great way to make space for more bead purchases!

I'll have to put the digging aside for a while now - I still have Christmas crafting to do. But I really hope I can return to see what other undiscovered treasures lay waiting to be found in that box.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.