Thursday, December 30, 2010

RAW Bead Weaving - Very Magenta Daisies

Now that the Christmas celebrations are behind us, I'm in holiday mode for a few days which means I get to work on the little kits I bought earlier in the year to keep myself amused whilst everyone lazes around. I'm one of those people who just can't sit idle and I like to keep busy even when I'm relaxing. So these holidays I'm trying something new to me: bead weaving.

I've always admired this style of jewellery but thought it looked too hard to do, so I thought kits were the place to start.

Here's the first one I attempted.At first, I wasn't sure that it was the best project to start with when the instructions said to use two needles but it turned out to be really easy to create the pattern so it was a good choice after all. I got the hang of right-angle weave really quickly.

I'm quite happy with the result but I've got to say that whilst the weaving was easy, when I read the finishing instructions and it said weave back here and through there and back here again to reinforce, I started to think that this was not something I was going to enjoy. And yet once I got into the rhythm of reinforcing the pattern, it wasn't hard at all, but it was certainly the most time-consuming part of the project.

I can see how easy it would be to create variations with this weave which I'll have to explore down the track but right now, I'm off to work on my next kit.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.