Friday, January 28, 2011

CHA -

Life here in the Hillam household has been a little bit topsy turvy these past couple of weeks and blogging has had to take a back seat.

Our eldest son left for Duntroon (Royal Military College) last week. It was one of life's special moments - you know the ones I mean; when you're happy, sad, proud and anxious all at once. Who knew that a child leaving the nest would be so hard on the parents?

And as if it wasn't hard enough to have one child leave the nest, the youngest child also left home this week to begin university studies interstate. There has been so much organising to do to get her new home set up with the basic necessities that a household requires. And then finally, the moment came when it was time to leave. Another one of those special moments - lots of tears and a moment of anxiousness as you wonder if you have equipped them to cope with what life throws at them.

There are still two children at home but all of a sudden, our household is mighty quiet. I'm already missing the hustle and bustle and comings and goings of four adult children. I think they are too!

Whilst all this has been going on, and in between all the teary moments, there has been a lot of activity in the studio in preparation for CHA. There have been samples to complete and a Designer Showcase to put together, so sadly, blogging has taken a back seat as a result. But I thought I'd share a pic of my Designer Showcase with you in it's early stages. There were lots of adjustments made to it after this snap was taken but it gives you a bit of an idea of what I've been doing whilst I've been neglecting my blog.

I'm pleased to say that it's all now packed in my suitcase and both my suitcase and I have arrived safely in LA.

Tomorrow the CHA education program begins, and then on Saturday the show floor officially opens. The next few days will be exciting but at the same time it will be hectic as there is so much to cover during the show; people to meet, seminars to attend and new products to discover.

If I get a chance, I'll check back in during the show with an update. But until then, I hope you'll find time to spend crafting!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.