Thursday, September 1, 2011

7 Stylish Ways to Use Donut Components

I'm quite a big fan of donut components: you can wire wrap them, dangle things from them, even slide things through them. That hole in the middle gives you so much opportunity to think outside the square and come up with some unique ways of putting your jewellery designs together. So I thought I'd share with you a few of the ways I like to use them.
  1. Use the donut as part of a toggle clasp and show it off as part of the design.
  2. Connect them together with fancy jump rings
  3. Use them to frame another bead
  4. Slide a long lariat through the donut
  5. Treat them as large holed beads and thread them on a thick stringing material
  6. Dangle them as charms
  7. Wire wrap them, or wrap a coil of wire around them and then dangle beads from the coil.
Yep, that hole in the middle really makes them very versatile. I hope I've inspired you to look through that hole and see some new possibilities.

Pin For Later!
Square picture jasper donut bead used as a toggle with copper bar inspiration sheet


'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Some fabulous ideas there Mylene...and fabulous eye candy...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julz - glad you enjoyed the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post once again. Now I have an idea what to do with those Greek ceramic donuts that have been eyeing me for some time now....

    -Pepita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pepita... glad to be of help. Those Greek ceramic donuts sound tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.